Thursday mornings (8:15-8:45)
Saxon Math K: reading/spelling number words to 20; counting; Numerical order; number awareness; introduction to addition and subtraction; calendar skills; telling time on the hour
Six animal classes; life cycles of seeds, animals, water, trees; seasons; introduction to the solar system and planets
Various Read-A-Louds and Easy readers; memorize chants, songs, and poetry related to units of study
Use modern manuscript to form letters by tracing, copying, reproducing lines, shapes, letters and learn proper handwriting habits; learn sounds associated with letters and combinations to blend sounds into words; to improve decoding and fluency skills. Reading folder with books will be sent home weekly starting late September to be read and reread with parents assistance and help in recording progress after the books have been read and reread at school.
American history; Presidents of the United States
The Seven C’s of God’s History: Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, Confusion, Christ, Cross, Consummation
Music, Visual Art, Physical Education, and Library
Fall dairy farm trip, Nashville Zoo, Symphony at the Schermerhorn, Polk Home, Downtown Columbia, Thanksgiving program, The Mitten Play, Grandparents Day – Patriotic Recitations, Birthday party for Jesus, nature hikes on campus, Show and Tell, Pajama Party, making ice cream. In house visitors to include: beekeeper, firefighter, Mr. Bob and his animals, dental health workers. Food tastings: apples, pumpkins, food group items, homemade butter and bread, Groundhog Day cupcake decorating and Valentine’s Day party.
Following class rules and routines, participating in class, developing homework/study skills, organizing backpack/desk supplies, etiquette and interaction with adults and peers.
Books of the New Testament, Disciples Names, The Lord’s Prayer – Matthew 6:9-13, Select New Testament passages, The Seven C’s of God’s History, 40 Catechism questions and answers
1. “The Post” – Weekly school newsletter emailed
2. Gradelink – Online Student Information System
3. Homework Assignment Sheet – inside each class notebook
4. Periodic Kindergarten Newsletter sent via email sharing the past week’s events
5. Progress Reports (summary of class average and updates) given to student to bring home mid-quarter
6. Report Cards (end of each Quarter, approximately every 9 weeks)
7. Parent Conferences (at the beginning of the year, end of the 1st and 3rd quarters, or as needed)