Third Grade Overview
Math – Saxon Math 3
Science – Chemistry
Literature Readings – The Courage of Sarah Noble, Squanto: Friend of the Pilgrims, The Matchlock Gun, A Lion to Guard Us, Skippack School, The Big Wave, See Saw Girl, Li Lun, Lad of Courage, Sign of the Beaver, Toliver’s Secret, Meet Thomas Jefferson, Homer Price, Little House on the Prairie
History Examined – The Story of the World, Volume 3: Early Modern Times – From Elizabeth the First to the Forty-Niners, by Susan Wise Bauer
Latin – Latin for Children Primer A
Bible – I and II Kings, II Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah
Fine Arts/P.E. – Music, Visual Art, and PE
Sports – Cross Country, Equestrian, Fencing
Day Trips/Activities – Mansker’s Station, The Hermitage, Adventure Science Center, The Frist, Symphony at The Schermerhorn
Organizational Skills – Following class rules and routines, participating in class, developing homework /study skills, organizing backpack/desk supplies, etiquette and interaction with adults and peers.
Scripture Memorization – The Kings of Judah and Isaiah, 2 Chronicles 15:2b-4, Isaiah 6:1-8, Micah 6:6-8, Psalm 100, Psalm 67, Daniel 3:16-18, Daniel 4:34-35, Jeremiah 32:17-19, Lamentations 3:22-23, Isaiah 9:2-6
1. Newsletter emailed and posted on the website: www.agathosschool.com.
2. Gradelink – Online Student Information System
3. Organizational Planner – inside each class notebook for students to record assignments and grades.
4. Newsletter emailed and sent home weekly.
5. Progress Reports (summary of class average and updates) given to student to bring
6. Report Cards (end of each Quarter, approximately every 9 weeks)
7. Parent Conferences (at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter or as needed)
8. Email: Courtenay.Jones@agathosschool.com