Chapel – Thursday mornings (8:15-8:45)
Math – Saxon Math 2
Science – Earth Science and Astronomy
Literature Readings – Norman the Doorman, The Story about Ping, The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Little House, Mike Mulligan’s Steam Shovel, The Biggest Bear, A New Coat for Anna, The Bears on Hemlock Mountain, The Velveteen Rabbit, The Boxcar Children (Books 1-3), Magic Finger, Magic Treehouse: Viking Ships at Sunrise, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Sarah Plain and Tall, Who was Neil Armstrong?, Winnie the Pooh, Charlotte’s Webb, Mr. Popper’s Penguins
History Examined – The Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages from the fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance, by Susan Wise Bauer
Bible – Judges, Ruth, I and II Samuel, I Kings, I and II Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
Fine Arts/P.E. – Music, Visual Art, and PE
Sports – Cross Country, Equestrian
Day Trips/Activities – 4-H Center Nature Day, Art Lady – Clay Project, Symphony at the Schermerhorn, Nashville Children’s Theater, Adventure Science Center, Castle Project, Reading Contest and Celebration
Organizational Skills – Following class rules and routines, participating in class, developing homework /study skills, organizing backpack/desk supplies, etiquette and interaction with adults and peers.
Scripture memorization – Psalm 28:7, Psalm 107:1, Memorize the Judges Psalm 8:1-4, Judges 6:36-37, Psalm 100, Ruth 1:16-17, Psalm 34:13, 1 Samuel 2:8-9, Proverbs 16:1-3, Psalm 23, Proverbs 1-7, Psalm 62:1-2, Proverbs 3:5, Psalm 33:1-4, I Kings 8:22-24, II Chronicles 5:1
1. Newsletter emailed and posted on the website: www.agathosschool.com.
2. Gradelink – Online Student Information System
3. Homework Assignment Sheet – inside each class notebook for students to record assignments and grades.
4. Week – at – a – Glance – sent home each week giving an overview of the work and activities for the week.
5. Progress Reports (summary of class average and updates) given to student to bring home mid-quarter.
6. Report Cards (end of each Quarter, approximately every 9 weeks)
7. Parent Conferences (at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter or as needed)
8. Email: Teresa.Gilbreath@agathosschool.com