First Grade Overview
Chapel – Thursday mornings (8:15-8:45)
Math – Saxon Math 1
Science – Biology (Animal Classes, Human Anatomy, Plant Life)
Literature Readings – One Monday Morning, Sammy the Seal, Oliver, Little Bear
Little Bear’s Friend, Little Bear’s Visit, Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, Down by the Bay, Curious George, Curious George at the Parade, Corduroy, Harry the Dirty Dog, Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble, The Magic Fish, Caps for Sale, Miss Nelson is Missing, Billy and Blaze, Billy and Blaze and the Gray Spotted Pony, Madeline, Nate the Great and the Lost List, Stone Soup, Ox-Cart Man, A Bargain for Frances The Biggest Bear, Make Way for Ducklings, Blueberries for Sal
History Examined – The Story of the World, Volume 1: Ancient Times, by Susan Wise Bauer
Bible – Genesis to Joshua
Fine Arts/P.E. – Music, Visual Art, and PE
Sports – Cross Country, Equestrian
Day Trips/Activities – Ridley 4-H Center, Nashville Children’s Theater, Visit a working farm, Symphony at the Schermerhorn
Organizational Skills – Following class rules and routines, participating in class, developing homework/study skills, organizing backpack/desk supplies, etiquette and interaction with adults and peers.
Scripture Memorization – The Days of Creation, Genesis 12:2-3, 12 Sons of Jacob, 10 Plagues
Exodus 3:14-15, Ten Commandments, The Priestly Blessing – Numbers 6:22-27, Deuteronomy 6:5, Joshua 1:7-9
1. Newsletter emailed and posted on the website: www.agathosschool.com.
2. Gradelink – Online Student Information System
3. Homework Assignment Sheet – inside red communication folder – weekly record of homework assignments/parent – teacher communication
4. Week at a Glance – inside red communication folder – weekly record of content to be covered in each subject.
5. Progress Reports (summary of class average and updates) given to student to bring
6. Report Cards (end of each Quarter, approximately every 9 weeks)
7. Parent Conferences (at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter or as needed)
8. Email: Lori.Campbell@agathosschool.com